18 March 2011

To the Zoo

I wouldn't describe myself as the biggest 'zoo' fan, but I was long overdue for a visit. My memory of a zoo consists of either a bunch of animals locked up in cages with a bio card hanging outside of them, or driving in a car on a designated track in an open range zoo, where you are advised to keep the doors closed but to open the window slightly to feed the animals with the handful of biscuit you just bought for 25¢, and then having the giraffes drool all over you. While feeding the animals with those little brown nuggets are somewhat of a good memory, I don't think I had been to the zoo since I was 10 years old.

So on a nice sunny day, we finally decided to go to the Melbourne Zoo, and its a pretty cool place to visit. There is a lot to see and a very wide variety of animals in big open spaces to look at. I'm a big fan of big cats and monkeys, needless to say, the tigers and the orangutans were the coolest and allowed for some neat photos.
Here are some of them.






















Hope you enjoyed your visit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment