28 September 2007

L.A.

Leaving..left...gone...for a crazy adventure. First stop, L.A. California!
We explored this epic city for a short 4 days before leaving North America for a while. We stayed in Venice Beach, at the Venice Beach Cotel, cheap and conveniently located near the boardwalk by the beach, so it was pretty neat. Venice Beach offers an eclectic mix of tourists, hippies and wannabe surfers, along with the various retailers on the boardwalk, selling anything from sunglasses to paintings. This together with the runners, skaters, hawkers, muscle men from muscle beach, and the surfers in the (rather cold) water, waiting for the odd wave. Could be described as the Old Orchard of the west coast - classy in its own tacky way!

One of our highlights was Santa Monica, a neat area with a pretty beach and cute commercial walking streets, restos and coffee shops. The remaining of our time was spend driving around in our rental car, coping with the endless traffic, trying to cover all that we wanted to see. LA is very big, and things are far apart...so we snapped many drive by pictures through the car windows...whilst driving to Malibu, Beverly Hills, Rodeo drive, and Hollywood. It was fun to see a little bit of LA, but 4 days was a little short...I would love to drive to San Francisco and Las Vegas...so California, I'll be back one day!



Check out some of the picture, click on the image below to see the gallery

1 comment:

  1. You know, I think I might have stayed at the Venice Beach Cotel back in the day. Is it a hostel with a whole bunch of mattresses flopped on the floor? I remember it being one of the cheapest places to stay in LA.

    How's Oz treating you so far? It's nice reading your blog. I had to discontinue mine because people at work were starting to read it, and that just felt weird. Note to self: create separate blog from personal portfolio.

    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete