I've been meaning to post more pictures of my neighborhood and Melbourne city for so long, and I have heaps of them, so it was about time to post something on my non-maintained blog. Blame laziness. Then I came across the new Street View feature in Google Map a couple of weeks ago, and it's just awesome, crazy awesome. I've been loosing sleep over it. Most of Australia is now street-level-picture mapped, and you can drag each Street View still picture a full 360, and scroll around, that is insane! Virtual road tripping at its best! Most of the endless km i've driven across the country are mapped out, the places I’ve stopped at, slept in, marveled at. You can see the many the Big Things Australia has to offer and even the endless Nullarbor, aka the middle of nowhere, and some of the 4WD tracks we've driven in are mapped out in a 360 view. Insanity! So my pictures can still wait, the map will do in the meantime.
So those of you who wondered where I lived, what's around me, what I see out my window, and what the city looked like, the architecture, or even what the alleys look like in the city, go look for yourself. Visit Australia from the comfort of your home. Endless fun. I was just checking out Japan, insanity. I love maps. There are also many sites dedicated to the strange things that were captured, a cure for boredom. MAPS!
...and also you should send me Christmas cards, as it turns out i'll be hanging out here for a little while longer, and because I like getting stuff in the mail.
04 August 2008
Let's have a virtual Road Trip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment